Fermoy Parish Newsletter
2nd Sunday of Lent/ St Patrick’s Day
17th March 2019
Parish Website: www.fermoyparish.ie
Fermoy parish office Tel 025 30856
Opening times 9.30 am to 12 Midday
Priest on Sick Call Duty: Tel: 087-2552276
The Offertory Collection this weekend is for: Support of Emigrants
Last weekend’s Door Collection €1360
The Blessed Sacrament Chapel: The following hours need help covering in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel.
Tuesday 10 pm to 11pm Just for 16th, 23rd, & 30th April only
Wednesday 7am to 8am/ back up with another person
Wednesday /Thursday 12 midnight to 1 am,
Thursday 2am to 3am Just for the month of May
Saturday 1pm to 2pm/back up with another person
Saturday 4pm to 5pm
If you can cover any of these hours, please let Trish in the parish office know
Fermoy parish_ Catholic Church: Heartfelt thanks to the large group of volunteers who helped in our Church Clean Up on Thursday. The old mortuary has been emptied and a lot of de – cluttering has taken place in our back rooms. We are truly grateful for the help received in this first spring clean – up. Mile buíochas
Fr Aquin Casey Farwell: A Farwell Presentation will take place Sunday 24th March at the Fermoy Youth Centre from 5pm to 8pm to show our appreciation to Fr Aquin for his great work over the past 14 years to the people of Fermoy parish and to wish him well in his new appointment. All welcome
A Memorial Mass: To remember the life of MAEVE McCULLAGH (Cavan and Fermanagh), sister of DEIRDRE FOLEY and GRAINNE DEVINE (Fermoy), will be celebrated on Thursday 21st March 2019 at 7.30 pm in St. Patrick’s Church, Fermoy. All Welcome. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h-anam.
List of stations for week 11th March to 15th March
Friday 22nd March: Area 25 in the home of Eleanor Broderick at 8pm
STATIONS OF THE CROSS: Each Sunday in lent at 3 o clock sharp. All welcome. MARCH17TH MITCHELSTOWN.
Cloyne Diocesan Pilgrimage to Knock: Take place Sunday 12th May 2018. Bus will depart Parse Sq. Fermoy 7am sharp & return 10pm. Names to be given to Mary 087 6374802 or Maura 086 1231368 or to any member of the legion of Mary. All Welcome
Fermoy active Retirement Group: Meeting takes place on Wednesday 20th March at 2.30 pm in the Fermoy Youth Centre. Guest on the day Fermoy Artist Jim Mellis. All members welcome
Whist Drive: There will be no Whist Drive on Sunday 17th March
Fermoy ladies GAA Pitch & Putt Club: Will host a Coffee Morning & Raffle in aid of Cork Simon Community in the Pitch 7 Putt Club on Wednesday 27th March at 10.30 am to 1 pm. Please support
Diocese of Cloyne: An Assessment by the Council of Priests of the Diocese of Cloyne on our Celebration of Sunday Mass. The following practises have been agreed and are now Diocesan policy
1. Each priest should normally celebrate two Sunday Masses and no more than three Sunday Masses, including the Vigil Mass.
2. Each Parochial Church should have at least one Sunday or Vigil Mass. (An exemption can be made where one Priest serves four parish churches.)
3. There should normally be no more than one Vigil mass in each parish
4. Priests should allow for at least 90 minutes between Mass- times on Sunday
It also noted that:
1. There is seldom the need to replicate the number of Sunday Masses on a Holy day of Obligation
2. Additional Masses (for funerals, weddings etc.) should not be scheduled on a Sunday
3. A temporary reduction in Sunday masses may be introduced to provide for the priest’s annual leave or where a priest is absent due to illness.
4. The parish is the basic unit of our Diocese and its own churches are the ordinary place of worship for the faithful.
In the event of a Sunday Mass being cancelled, we appeal to parishioners to choose one of the alternative Masses within their home parish.