APPLICATION FORM: Sacrament of Confirmation, 2021
Dear Parents / Guardians
God’s blessings on you and your family as you prepare your child to receive the Sacramament of Confirmation in 2021.
Despite the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, and as we plan 2021, we look forward to celebrating the Sacrament of Confirmation in Fermoy in a reasonable timeframe, although we are not in a position to issue exact dates at this stage. We proceed with preparations in any case. Thank you for your patience with this. Please contact Fr Eamon Roche on 086 9972539 if you have any difficulties with the form below.
The practical task of preparing your child for receiving the Sacrament is divided between the following groups:
- You the parents,
- The child’s school teachers,
- The parish, as led by the clergy.
The role of the school teacher (No. 2 above) is ongoing and we are grateful to our schools for the support that they give. However, in order that No. 1 (the role of the parent) and No. 3 (the role of the parish) are aided, Fermoy Parish is now running a Short Course that we would like you and your child to engage with. Such a course was delivered last year and was successful.
Details of Short Course:
- Online ZOOM session, 40 mins, for parent(s) and child on Monday 22nd February at 7pm. CLICK TO LISTEN TO AUDIO
- Online ZOOM session, 40 mins, for parent(s) and child on Monday 15th March at 7pm.
- Online ZOOM session, 40 mins, for parent(s) and child on Monday 22nd March at 7pm.
- Online ZOOM session, 40 mins, for parent(s) and child on Monday 5th April at 7pm.
- In these zoom sessions, we, the clergy of the parish, with other support personnel will provide parents and children with instruction and guidelines related to receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- This SHORT COURSE also involves equipping you with a CONFIRMATION MANUAL, which contains the Gospel of Mark and some other notes relating to the Sacrament of Confirmation, which will help you, as parent(s), to engage in “home-activity” with your child in preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation. We will deliver the manual to your door. The printing cost for the CONFIRMATION MANUAL is 5 Euro.
- We ask you to FILL OUT the form below by the deadline of Monday 8th February.
We ask you to support these preparatory sessions that your family may experience the joy and peace of being disciples of Christ, as best we can in these difficult times. Even if your house is not internet-equipped we ask you to fill out the form anyay.
Yours in Christ,
Fr Brian Boyle, Adm. Fermoy
Fr Eamon Roche, CC Fermoy