APPLICATION FORM: First Holy Communion / First Confession, Fermoy Parish, 2021
God’s blessings on you and your family as you prepare your child to receive two important sacraments for the first time – First Confession and First Holy Communion – in 2021.
Despite the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, and as we plan 2021, we are still looking forward to celebrating these sacraments in Fermoy parish in a reasonable timeframe, although we are not in a position to issue exact dates at this stage. We proceed with preparations in any case. Thank you for your patience with this. Please contact Fr Eamon Roche on 086 9972539 if you have any difficulties with the form below.
The practical task of preparing your child for receiving these sacraments is divided between the following groups:
- You the parents,
- The child’s school teachers,
- The parish, as led by the clergy.
The role of the school teacher (No. 2 above) is ongoing and we are grateful to our schools for the support that they give. However, in order that No. 1 (the role of the parent) and No. 3 (the role of the parish) are aided, Fermoy Parish is now running a Short Course that we would like you and your child to engage with. Such a course was delivered last year and was successful.
Details of Short Course:
- Online ZOOM session, 40 mins, for parent(s) and child on Monday 15th February at 7pm.
- Online ZOOM session, 40 mins, for parent(s) and child on Monday 8th March at 7pm.
- Online ZOOM session, 40 mins, for parent(s) and child on Monday 29th March at 7pm.
- Online ZOOM session, 40 mins, for parent(s) and child on Monday 19th April at 7pm.
- Notice that the above 4 zoom sessions are each 3 weeks apart.
- In these zoom sessions, we, the clergy of the parish, with other support personnel will provide parents and children with instruction and guidelines related to receiving the sacraments.
- This SHORT COURSE also involves equipping you with a beautifully illustrated book called “My First Holy Communion” which will help you, as parent(s), to engage in “home-activity” with your child in preparation for the sacraments. The book is available, in English or Irish (Gaelige), at 10 euro each. We will deliver the book to your door.
- We ask you to FILL OUT the form below by the deadline of Monday 8th February.
We ask you to support these preparatory sessions that your family may experience the joy and peace of being disciples of Christ, as best we can in these difficult times. Even if your house is not internet-equipped we ask you to fill out the form anyay.
Yours in Christ,
Fr Brian Boyle, Adm. Fermoy
Fr Eamon Roche, CC Fermoy