- Proposed procedures for the Distribution of Holy Communion in both churches of the parish. (Specific for St. Patrick’s Church).
- Eucharistic Ministers are asked to assemble in the sacristy some minutes before Mass begins and sign the Personnel Register.
- Ministers should process out with the Priest, Reader and Servers and take a seat in the reserved pew.
- Eucharistic Ministers should approach the altar after the ‘Our Father’ prayer is said.
- Ministers are asked to make a sign of reverence entering the sanctuary by a bow of the head towards the Blessed Eucharist
- Please proceed to the side of the altar and face in towards the Eucharist, waiting here until the words “Lord I am not worthy.. only say the word and I shall be healed” are said.
- Then you can turn and go to the side table to wash your hands in preparation for Holy Communion.
- After receiving Holy Communion from the priest or deacon, you can make your way to the one of two distribution points available to you which are:
- At the top of the side aisle, to the right of the priest. This position will distribute to people coming up the right side aisle to those under the north gallery.
- Under the south gallery, to the left of the priest, distributing to people coming from under the gallery and those who come down from the gallery.
- At the top of the side aisle to the left of the priest, distributing to people who come up the side aisle.
At the back of the centre aisle standing at row 40. (This position is usually taken up by another priest, but there may be an occasion when it is necessary to fill
Unless otherwise directed, Ministers can take up any of these points of distribution, having agreed this before Mass begins.
Normally, the Priest will give Holy Communion to the Altar Servers.
Feel free to assist the Minister or Priest at any of the other points of distribution when you are finished before returning to the Tabernacle.
- When you are finished distributing Holy Communion, return with the Ciborium to the shelf at the Tabernacle.
- Make a genuflection to the Blessed Eucharist once you have placed the ciborium. Avail of the opportunity to wash your hands once again.
- Make your return to your seat by pausing to make a bow at the bottom step on leaving the sanctuary.
- Ministers are asked to return with the Servers, Reader and Priest to the sacristy and sign out on the register
- If you are unable to attend the mass assigned to you, please arrange for somebody to fill in.
- The Prayers of the Faithful may be collected in the Sacristy before Mass.
- Please Approach the Ambo during the last lines of the Creed to avoid an unnecessary delay.
ST. PATRICK’S PARISH CHURCH
|MONTH||7.30pm MASS||10.30 am MASS||12 Noon MASS|
|JANUARY & JULY||Frankie Harty|
Jerry O Driscoll
|Liam Fenton||Patsy Hackett|
|FEBRUARY & AUGUST||Jim Bartley|
Michael O Halloran
|MARCH & SEPTEMBER||Helen Keating |
|John Redmond (September)
|APRIL & OCTOBER||Bina McNamara|
|MAY & NOVEMBER||Michael Higgins|
Michael O Halloran
|JUNE & DECEMBER||Joan White|
Mary O Connor
Declan O Flynn
|Michael O Halloran|
|Eucharist ministers for Weekday 10am Mass|
|Saturday||MICHAEL O HALLORAN|
OUR LADY QUEEN OF PEACE CHURCH:
|Christy Healy||January, May, September|
|Christina Burke||February, June, October|
|Emer Howard||March, July, November|
|Ger Slattery||April, August, December|